Monday 21 September 2015

Top 10 Revolution Season Two Episodes


Here is my top 10 for Revolution Season Two, you know I really wish there was a Season Three because I recently read the description for it again and it just sounded so good! SPOILERS

10. Memorial Day


I liked this episode because the reveal of the Patriots using Mustard Gas was something I didn't expect and while it wasn't used in this episode I liked the implications it caused for the group. The had some great action moments where the group hijack the train and where they held each other at gunpoint. What I didn't like however was Priscilla taken over by the Nanites because I think it was a stupid subplot and I didn't like the acting Priscilla did when took over.

9. Born in the USA


A really good start to Season Two because it establishes what all of the characters are up to and it introduces the Patriots as the antagonists straight away. We also had some great action moments with the attack from the Andover Clan and a surprise when Aaron was killed and brought back to life. What I didn't like was Charlie's subplot because I think I mentioned this before but her relevance in Revolution drops in Season Two and I just don't find much point in her storyline except to bring back Monroe but they could have done that another way.

8. Why We Fight


This episode shows that Monroe is just a born leader because of how Duncan's men rallied towards him and he lead a successful assault on a Patriot camp. It was also a bit funny how Monroe's actions ruined Miles and Gene's plan and I also liked Neville's subplot with Jason and his brutal killing of Doyle.

7. Austin City Limits


A really sad episode with the death of Jason because he was taken over by his programming and left Charlie no choice. It was done really well and I always liked these episodes involving Patriots sleeper agents because its always unpredictable. I also liked Miles and Monroe visiting Blanchard, it made for a funny scene and again involved a cool moment with a sleeper agent. A let down however again Priscilla taken over by the Nanites because I just don't like it.

6. Declaration of Independence


A great finale which unfortunately left the story on a cliff hanger that was only resolved by rushing it in a digital comic but overall still satisfying. There was plenty of action and I liked how all of the characters just kept turning on each other and the ending where Neville, Truman and the President saw visions of their loved ones was done well.

5. Love Story


I admit the scenes with Andover and his wife a pretty damn creepy, the way Miles's blood his slowly drained from him. What I really like about this episode was the attack on the town by the Andover Clan because it was a really massive action scene and it was cool when the Patriots showed up at the end, I was annoyed though that Rachael survived her arrow wound because the show just keep thinking up of stupid ways to let her live while other characters die.

4. Exposition Boulevard


Truman is actually one of my favourite characters in Revolution and I like that in this episode we got Flashbacks dedicated to him and it was different because it showed how the military and government dealt with the Blackout. I also like the plot with the re - education camps to programme children (already said I like this subplot) and the scene where the child killer her own father was really brutal and cold. Plus we got some great action scenes where Truman and Neville attack the group.

3. Dreamcatcher


I have got to give this episode praise because it was unlike any other episode in Revolution before and after. It was great to see Aaron's life before the Blackout and what the characters would be doing if it never happened and it was cool seeing so much weird and out of place stuff happening because it was just in Aaron's mind like Charlie helping in the beginning. It also gave some great character development for Aaron because the Nanites made that fake life really damn tempting for him and then they tricked him in the end.

2. Everyone Say I Love You


Another great episode for Aaron and shows that nothing goes his way with the death of Cynthia who was shot by Horn. We also got some cool scenes with the Nanites where the talk to Aaron and kill everyone which did a great job of showing just how powerful they where becoming. Shame that Horn had to die because he was a great character and you kind of sympathise with him because of his desperation. Also liked the group's rescuing attempt of Aaron but I didn't like the reveal of Neville's wife still being alive because I think she just ruined Neville's subplot.

1. $#!& Happens


My favourite episode of Season Two because of two really strong subplots with the first one being Miles stuck under the rubble. You can really see how much he just wanted to give up after failing a lot to escape and being injured (and with the reveal of Nano - Ben talking to him in a Flashback) but no he found his reason to keep fighting in the end. Then there was Charlie telling Neville how Jason is dead which made for one really emotional moment where Neville, the hard ass of Revolution, broke down because his son is dead and he wasn't even there for it or made up with him.


The worst episode

Dead Man Walking: Rachael really ruined this episode for me because as Charlie puts it she always does what she thinks is right and cares for no one else's opinions. I know she dug up a drugged Monroe but I don't care she didn't tell anyone and told on the break out plan before. Since it is revealed Monroe was alive (I'm glad for that) it felt like this whole hour episode was just a waste of a build up for a false conclusion. Plus the reveal that Miles actually knew about Monroe's son and hid him away just bothered me because Monroe never knew but wait Miles knew all along, I just didn't buy it.

Finished Revolution, shame there is no Season Three for me to do a top ten for.

The great screenshots of these episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment