Tuesday 8 September 2015

Arrow Season Four Trailer Breakdown


I know I am late with this but better late than never lol. Here are just a few things in the trailer that really stood out for me.

Oliver and Felicity living happily ever after: You know I didn't actually expect them to be so "settled down" I guess is the phrase; having a proper home in a nice neighbourhood. It also showed them as really happy so something really BIG must convince Oliver to fight crime again.

Star City: We see a billboard welcoming people to Star City so we now get the proper name for the place out of the comics however it says it was for the memory of Ray Palmer. Everyone knows he is in Legends of Tomorrow so I am guessing he either faked his death so he can focus on being a vigilante or he is stuck as really small and it's up to Felicity to help him.

Diggle's new costume: I have heard a lot of bad comments about Diggle's new look (like how he is a Black Magneto) and I a sick of it! I for one think it is a cool costume that really suits Diggle; something simple and practical that can be used to fight.

The invasion of HIVE: We see Team Arrow (Diggle, Laurel and Thea) seem to struggle against some heavily armed commando looking troops which I guess must be HIVE and the reason they decide to bring back Oliver. We also see a whole bunch of cool looking action scenes with Team Arrow fighting against the HIVE forces.

John Constantine: Ever since the announcement of Constantine being in Arrow I have been looking forward to Season Four so much more. I haven't watched the Constantine show but from what I heard from fans and from Stephen Amell, Matt Ryan was a really awesome Constantine. He is going to bring a new level of powers to the Arrow and Flash universe!

Quentin still being a jerk: I liked Quentin in Season Two and first half of Season Three but when he started to hate the Arrow again I just really started to hate him. Even when he is not a cop the way treats other characters you just want to punch him in the face and it seems I will feel that way again by the shots of him knocking out Diggle and talking to Oliver. He is going to have an anti - vigilante taskforce again from what I read and as long as he doesn't go overboard like in Season Three I can get behind it but if he is just angry all the time again then I hope he gets killed off.

Malcolm and Nyssa back again: We see them have a stare down and a few shots of some fighting which makes me think they still want to kill each other. Looking forward to seeing Malcolm again but I hope Nyssa doesn't hate on Malcolm all throughout another season; I like her but it is always Sara, Sara, Sara, hating Malcolm, Sara, Sara all the time with her. They need to give her a new storyline for once and I really hope they don't have her kill Malcolm and become to new Ra's because I'll just really hate that. Besides I always think of Malcolm as the best fighter and archer in the whole series so I don't want him to lose to Nyssa.

Curtis Holt/Mr Terrific: Another character who I am looking forward to because he is a tech based vigilante who uses devices called T spheres to help him and it looks like we'll see them. Looks like a good character from what I have seen in the trailer and has some awesome and funny scenes with Felicity but I hope they don't wait too long to turn him into Mr Terrific.

Damien Darhk: Really liked the casting for this character and from what I've seen he will be an awesome villain! Unlike Malcolm, Deathstroke and Ra's, Damien looks like he isn't going to just be hiding in the shadows. For example we see him straight up announce to the cops he is the bad guy and we also see his forces attack the police station with Quentin looking to be in trouble.

Lonnie Machin/Anarky: We see a few shots of Anarky who is going to be a major villain this season and while we don't see much we see Damien talking to him which makes me think Anarky will work for him or Damien inspired him to be a villain.

Oliver was a vigilante before present day: We see some Flashbacks of Oliver and it looks like he was The Hood in Coast City before he was in Starling. I like this because it means he practised before being The Hood for real however can't say I like Amanda Waller being there because I never liked her casting.

Thea going crazy: Never saw an bad side affects of the Lazarus Pit affect Thea last season but it seems it will now with Oliver shouting and hitting at her. I wonder how long these effects will last but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sara Lance is back: Like with Ray it was obvious because we see her in the Legends of Tomorrow trailer and while I did say once her staying dead was important (so not all characters can just come back when they want) I admit I am looking forward to seeing her. This is how Constantine gets involved because the Lazarus Pit really isn't supposed to work on someone who has been dead as long as Sara. I just hope her coming back will change Quentin for the better (unless the they keep it a secret from him) and gives Nyssa something better to do.

Felicity and Curtis fighting Double Down: Besides from being a really funny scene in the trailer what I like most is that Double Down is confirmed to be a Meta Human! I know a bit about him from the comics but in Arrow I read he can use his playing card tattoos as deadly weapons. As I said before I want more Meta Humans in Arrow because I would really like to see Oliver going up against one.

There you have it, this trailer is really making me looks forward to Season Four and I don't think I missed anything in this breakdown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment