Friday 25 September 2015

Bleach Review: BABY, HOLD YOUR HAND 7 (Never Ending My Dream)

"SURPRISE!"
With Pernida defeating Mayuri enters a pod to recover meanwhile Shunsui and his group deal with the Sternritter sniper Lille Barro.

It looks like the Pernida fight is truly over now and I got to say this has been one of the best fights of the arc; it was one of the longest, very entertaining and my favourite captain was fighting it. After they fight he retreats to a pod to heal and I'm guessing this is an excuse for Mayuri to have a break now from this arc and let it focus on other character. Kenpachi is also healed and since he got taken out pretty quickly by Pernida I think he will recover faster so he can have a proper fight later on. I did really like how Mayuri states that he has surpassed Urahara because of Nemu which is something he wanted to do for ages and we also get an image of Mayuri and Nemu floating together in water (with Nemu being naked for fan service). It was cool because it rounded up the father/daughter relationship these two have, with Mayuri finally appreciating Nemu and most likely going to bring her back with the brain he has. However what I really, really didn't like about this chapter was the reveal of Toshiro and Rangiku now alive and well because I just do not like those two characters and would have preferred them to stay dead. The reason for this is because Toshiro loses all of his fights, makes himself out to be really strong thought I think he is the weakest captain and I bet he was only brought back based on his popularity. It was a big WTF moment when I thought Kubo killed him off (I gave him praise back then for having the guts to do it) but no he has now ruined it but what really annoys me is that I bet great captains like Rose and Kensei are still dead because they just wasn't as popular but that is Kubo's fault for mostly ignoring them in favour of Toshiro. Moving on from this it looks like the new fight will be with Lille Barro which I have been looking forward to and I hope he kicks some ass! I liked how Shunsui managed to trick him but I am interesting in seeing is how Lille Barro is going to fight such a large group? Because Shunsui was travelling with quite a few people I would be annoyed if they all are just going to wait on the side-lines.

I wonder if these two will fight during the arc?
Overall I really good end to the Pernida fight and set up for the next big show down however I have got to dock this chapter quite a bit of score for bringing back to of the worst characters in Bleach and all in all it was a bit slow. However I got to say that I hope in the future we will get a Flashback showing how Perndia came into existence and that Yumichika and Ikkaku will get to have a fight and they finally use their Zanpakuto to the fullest instead of always holding back which got annoying years ago.   

SCORE: 6/10

Highlights: Mayuri's joy at beating Urahara
                   Shunsui vs. Lille Barro

Let Downs: Toshiro and Rangiku now alive and well

No comments:

Post a Comment