Thursday 17 September 2015

Bleach Review: BABY, HOLD YOUR HAND 6 (Waiting For Love)

"I'm back!"
Nemu's succeeds in severely damaging Pernida however the Left Arm is not ready to go down just yet meanwhile someone from the past haunts Mayuri.

I think I'll will first talk about the biggest WTF moment in this chapter and that was the return of my favourite Espada, Szayelaporro Granz! Now I am getting a bit carried away because Szayelaporro is dead but it is such a genius was for Kubo to have him return as a vision to taunt Mayuri. I loved this moment because it made sense since it goes back to Szayelaporro and Mayuri's opposing views on perfection because Mayrui thought that Nemu was perfect something he said he hated while fighting Szayelaporro. Plus I like this throwback to a old fight because it shows that it actually meant something and that Szayelaporro left a lasting impression on Mayuri, unlike characters like Byakuya who doesn't seem to care about his old fights again after his has won them. A shocker is that it seems Nemu is defiantly dead now which some of us saw coming with her recent flashbacks and development = but I didn't expect it to be really gruesome! This is thanks to Pernida who is one of the most gruesome, creepy and disgusting villains in Bleach with the way it killed Nemu, tired to eat her remains and grew eyes all over it's severed parts. However I am not liking the end of this chapter because Nemu's regenerative powers which is causing Pernida to explode was just too convenient of a way for it to be defeated. Now I do see this fight being over now because I don't see how much longer it can go on after this but it was just as cheap way to end it.

So Pernida has a tongue now?  
Overall this chapter gets high praise for bringing back Szayelaporro the way it did and if this is the end of Pernida we defiantly need a Flashback or two showing how the Left Arm became like this.

SCORE: 8/10

Highlights: The return of Szayelaporro
                   The gruesome scenes with Pernida

Let - Downs: Pernida's defeat is just too convenient

No comments:

Post a Comment