Monday 14 September 2015

Top 10 Revolution Season One Episodes


I do really miss Revolution so I thought I'd do a top episodes list of Season One and eventually Season Two and I'll probably do this for a lot of shows like Arrow and The Flash. For shows with only a short amount of episodes like Falling Skies and The Strain I will probably do a top five for them. SPOILERS of course.
 
10. The Stand


A really good episode where Monroe used the generator to slaughter the Rebels in the Republic. It was so great because we had people, in an electric free world, fighting off against an attack helicopter (which eventually became two). This episode was jam packed with some good action, it mark Randall being a more major character and it had a surprise and emotional twist with the death of Danny. I didn't expect that death after everything the characters went through, unfortunately I think it was done so it made room for Rachael to be more of a major character.

9. Ghosts


A great follow up to The Stand because it was more of a focus on Randall (one of my favourite Revolution characters and portrayed by one of my favourite actors) and introduced another good character Jim Hudson. I really liked the Flashbacks showing how Randall had a hand in the Nanites and using his forces to try to capture Rachael. Unfortunately I didn't like how Rachael easily destroyed the Pendant because it is almost like the Pedants aren't important anymore now and despite being traceable I think the Rebels should have used them more. The moments with Jim where also great because it kind of showed how Miles does ruin everyone's lives with the actions he takes. 

8. The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia


This episode is one of my favourites because we finally got to leave the Monroe Republic and see the Georgia Federation which is one of the things I really liked about Season One; the characters constantly moving to different places unlike Season Two (which stayed in the same town too much). I liked the conflict between Alec and Miles and Monroe going to use a nuke to try and take out Georgia, I also like the character of President Foster. I didn't care much however for Rachael's subplot with Dr Warren since besides from not really liking her journey (shame because Aaron is with her) it showed how much how a b***h she is because she is willing to sacrifice another relying on Nanite technology (Warren's partner) just because her son is dead and can't.

7. The Dark Tower



An awesome finale to Season One that is not that high on this list because of the stupid thing that Rachael does which is cause the death of Nora. Hated that she had to die and that it was because of Rachael because Nora deserved better and I really wished Rachael died as well. However the saving graces in the episode that gave it this spot was the conflict between Miles and Monroe, Neville taking over the Republic and the amount of action there was. Plus the scene where the world regains power is one of my favourite in the show; seeing the reactions of several characters as they had electricity. Plus I liked the twist that Randall actually won in the end was and was able to launch missiles thanks to the main characters.

6. The Plague Dogs
 
 
Wow where to start with this episode! This episode for me showed that the show does take itself really seriously with death of a major character like Maggie this early on, though of course it's not Game of Thrones level lol. I really liked Maggie and it is a shame she had to die but her death was done so well; with an emotional Flashbacks of her trying to get home and the music that accompanied it. The conflict between Miles and Charlie was good as well but I liked how Maggie's death resolved it for them and they became closer because of it.  

5. The Children of Men


This episode really took the action to a whole other level, it was so action packed with characters trying to get in to The Tower and then fighting the residents who have the coil guns which also amped up the gore. Again Rachael does let this episode down because she just tries to act all damn high and mighty all the time like when she is trapped with Monroe or in the Flashbacks when she wanted time apart from Ben. I just hate she thinks she is better than everyone else like her husband who is a way better person than she is, I don't know why they portray her as the only one against the Nanite project in the past with the kind of stuff she is willing to do in the present (and she is more responsible for Danny's death than Monroe). Beside that I also liked the reveal at the end of how those residents are protecting The Tower and how turning off the Nanites could have lead to the end of the world.

4. No Quarter


This episode was so cool because we get the reveal that Miles was a founding member of the Monroe Republic and in the Flashbacks we get it's origins. It showed Miles sick of how easily the world fell apart and just wanting to change it, it even introduced the character Jeremy who should have been used way more often in this show. Besides that Jeremy's attack on the Rebel hideout and fighting the sniper was awesome but a standout scene was at the end and Aaron's pendant affected the technology in the room. I just loved that scene because once again the right music helped and the expressions of the characters as they had electricity again, if only for a few seconds, in 15 years was just perfect.

3. Pilot


Where it all began, the memoires! The pilot just had to, and I mean had to, be on this list because it was the episode that started it all. It did a great job of introducing us to most of the major characters (and showing how much of a badass Miles is) but what I liked more about it was how it set up this new world. We see how the people struggle in their makeshift towns, the dangers of the open world, a Militia that terrorizes the people but is the only form of order and the busy market towns like Chicago. I just loved it all and the amazing world they created was one of the reasons Revolution is one of my favourites shows.

2. Soul Train


One of my favourite episodes because we got more of a focus on Tom Neville and we get to see his origins through Flashbacks. I like how The Blackout was actually better for Tom (in his opinion) because it gave a pencil pusher like him a chance to rise high. This episode made Neville one of my favourite characters because I just really like his development and there is a lot more to him than just a brutal solider. Besides that the parts in the present where great like the main characters searching the town for information and then the fight on board the train and I liked Nora's subplot as well.

1. Clue


My favourite episode just had to go to Clue because I just loved the tension between the group that there could be a spy and killer among them. I honestly thought it could have been a drugged Nora but then it was Jim and he had a really brutal fight with Miles near the end. Shame he had to die along with Sanborn but Jim at least gave us an awesome who done it episode and I wonder how Miles didn't see this coming because he did ruin Jim's life lol. What I also liked is that besides the last five minutes the majority of this episode stayed with Miles's group which I think is what the showed needed; just at least one episode where we stay with one group of characters and not branch off in a lot of directions.

Now unfortunately every TV series has an episode that you just really don't like compared to all of the others, so as an extra here is what I thought was the worst episode of Revolution Season One.

The Children's Crusade (Worst Episode)


This episode did have some really good moments such as the fighting and the scene where the main characters saw the lighthouse turn on (now that was done really well). However I just don't like little kids being the focus of the episode that much and Charlie going on that boat was completely pointless because Miles rushed in and did everything easily in the end. Plus this was the episode where we find out what kind of betraying b***h Rachael was by sacrificing another person and his daughter so she can save herself and Danny. Now I know she had no choice but she never seemed too bothered by this (even killed the person later) so how are we the audience supposed to like this character?

There you have it my list for Revolution Season One! When I have the time I'll get to work on Season Two and other TV series.

The great screenshots of the episode where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment