Wednesday 29 July 2015

Falling Skies Season Five: Non - Essential Personnel

The 2nd Mass leaves Chinatown to bring the fight to the Espheni while Tom tries to rescue Hal from Pope and his gang.
 
Well I got to say that this episode was better than the last one despite the fact that the story with Pope and Tom isn't going in a direction I would have liked. This is mainly because Colin Cunningham is such an amazing actor and he is really embracing the villain role now and makes for a really good one. I just think this would have been better for the early seasons because it feels like the show is going backwards now because I thought Tom and Pope had already moved past hating each other after Season Two? I would also have had an easier time accepting this if not for two reasons; first Tom being such a jerk these last few eps, sorry I just cannot side with him on this because he talked about the "greater good" but it does not apply to his family and he did cause Sara's death. Secondly Pope blames Tom getting lots of people killed yet he shot someone so he is just being a hypocrite, it would have been interesting if Pope actually ran a successful group and proved he was better than Tom as leader. As for everything else with this story I did like Isabella and her plan to free Hal and the action was cool at the end however Pope really needs to get better guards because Tom was all Big Boss sneaking in lol.
 
As for everything else the moments with Weaver an the 2nd Mass was great because Weaver got some more of the spotlight instead of the Masons and Pope for once. I like how Weaver said that Marty was similar to him and he would have become just like him if not for the 2nd Mass. This also touched upon the death of Weaver's daughters again and made for a really touching moment at the end, plus it is great to see 2nd Mass on the road again instead of stuck in Chinatown. It is a shame this subplot wasn't longer however it annoyed me that the damn love triangle was brought up again and if the preview is anything to go by Isabella is going to be thrown into the mix. I just do not care about this little subplot and I wish it was over already because I am getting tried tolerating it now. Also I just remembered Maggie wasn't in last weeks episode at all and she barely said anything in this one so how does she feel about Hal being kidnapped? It's like they forgot to include her reaction because they are focusing too much on her relationship with Ben.
 
Overall a more entertaining episode than the one last week and Tom being captured by the Hornet was a surprise that I am looking forward to seeing more of.
 
SCORE: 8/10
 
Highlights: Pope is a good villain despite me wishing he wasn't
                   Good amount of action
                   Weaver's subplot with Marty
 
Let - Downs: Pope is just a bit of a hypocrite now
                      That damn love triangle

No comments:

Post a Comment