Saturday 15 August 2015

Falling Skies Season Five: Episodes Six and Seven (Quick Reviews)

I recently came back from holiday, which is why I haven't posted lately, but I am back now with my reviews. I just thought I'd really quickly review the two Falling Skies episodes that I missed but managed to watch on catch up, I'm just listing their Highlights and Let Downs.

Episode Six "Respite"

Highlights

  • I admit it was actually nice to see Tom interact with this family who have not involved themselves with the war and we had some good moments such as when Tom broke down crying at the dinner table or returning to his old self for a while.
  • Glad that Marty wasn't just forgotten and managed to advance the plot by finding the communications device and it was funny that Weaver is a bit uncomfortable with him.
  • Always good to see Cochise involved when he can and I liked how he offered to remove Maggie's spikes when Anne refused (because she was just wrong to).

Let - Downs

  • No Pope!!
  • While the scenes with Tom and the family where nice to watch there is no denying that it was just filler because in the end it didn't really contribute to the story overall; Tom was just there and he left with nothing changed. Plus I find it so unlikely that land wasn't touched for three years by aliens or bandits and that the children where kept in the dark for so long.
  • I can't believe that Isabella is now being thrown in to the stupid love triangle; I have said it before but I am just sick of it now.
  • And continuing on with the love triangle Ben's "I love you" confession to Maggie was just so pathetic when I heard it. He was the most interesting of the Mason children in the previous seasons but now he is ruined slightly by the damn live triangle.
Overall it was a nice watch but it was mostly just filler, a small distraction for the group on their way to DC.

SCORE: 5/10


Episode Seven "Everybody Has Their Reasons"

Highlights

  • By far my favourite parts of the episode was Dingaan and Cochise working together on the communications device. This was such a great team up for two characters that defiantly deserve more screen time.
  • Weaver actually had some great personal conflict to overcome when the person accusing Tom and the 2nd Mass was someone from his past.
  • Tom was great in this episode when he defied the whole court marshal and brought up some good points on how it is a waste of time for humans to fight each other,
  • It was a nice surprise to see the human collaborators brought up again when I thought they where just going to be a one off thing for Season Four.
Let - Downs

  • No Pope!! (Not going to mark it down for this thought because they are obviously now saving him for the right moment)
  • If I'm honest I am a little disappointed that Marshall is being controlled by the Overlord (saw that coming a mile away) and that all the military people are jerks (like the prick who tortured Ben). I wouldn't have minded if the military where actually some honest soldiers who just join the 2nd Mass straight away and continue the march. I am saying this because we have already had something similar in Charleston in Season Two where it turned out the military there wasn't fighting and then turned on 2nd Mass.
  • I am not looking forward to this Maggie and Isabella team up because there are probably going to get on each other's cases about Hal.
Overall a lot better than the previous one because we had some great moments and more focus on characters like Weaver, Dingaan and Cochise.

SCORE: 8/10

Thought I'd mention that I am going to be really busy now so I probably won't review Agent Carter now and just review the season as a whole when I finish watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment