Friday 3 July 2015

Bleach Review: Friend 3

"I thought you where my FRIEND!"
The Flashbacks seem to conclude with Yhwach explaining to Haschwalth the true nature behind his powers.

I may have said it seems to conclude but I guess it is still too early to tell yet because it could have just been a quick transition to the present at the end of the chapter. I did find this chapter interesting but like the last one not too exciting because it spent the majority of it on a long winded explanation of Haschwalth's powers. It does reveal a lot with the fact that Yhwach and Haschwalth are the only two Quincy who give power instead of taking it and again explains why Haschwalth doesn't display any Quincy powers in the past or the present. The highlight of the chapter though is Bazz - B because I just feel really bad for the guy now; he believed he was a progeny but his advancement was all thanks to Haschwalth and there was the fact that he was jealous of Haschwalth being Yhwach's right hand man. Now I know Bazz - B wants to kill Yhwach so I think his jealous stems from the fact he trained for this moment for years only to have it taken away from him. Then there was the moment Bazz - B fired at Yhwach which was so awesome and Haschwalth catching the arrow; that was the moment he seemed to completely side with Yhwach. This has a lot to do with the great facial expressions Kubo did this chapter because they showed a lot of emotion. Continuing on with Haschwalth the reason I think he joined Yhwach so easily is because he never seemed as dedicated in killing Yhwach as Bazz - B but despite that he was still loyal to his friend when he spoke for Bazz - B. Finally there was the scene at the end when Haschwalth slashes Bazz - B which was really cool but I doubt the fight is over this soon.

I really hope this isn't the end of Bazz - B
Overall if this really is the end of the Flashbacks and of Bazz - B I would be disappointed because I wanted to see the first Sternritter, the war between the Quincy and Soul Reapers and how Bazz - B even got to be a Sternritter when he attempted to kill Yhwach?

SCORE: 7/10

Highlights: Haschwalth's powers explained
                   Bazz - B's shot at Yhwach
                   Detailed facial expressions this chapter

Let - Downs: Majority of it spent explaining too much 

No comments:

Post a Comment