Monday 6 July 2015

Final Fantasy VII Remake: What I Want To See/What I Want Them To Keep

When I first heard of the FFVII remake I was so surprised because it has been teased for years and years but now they are finally serious. At first I was unsure if this could work because FFVII is my favourite game of all time and it is absolute perfection. I still play it a lot now though not as much as I used to when I was younger because there is a lot of new games I got to play. So I thought I'd give my thoughts on what changes I want to see but what I also want kept.

To Stay

The Materia system: One of the best ways to customize your characters in all of the FF games and maybe they might make even more materia even though there are lots already.

The light - hearted humour: Though the overall story is serious there are a lot of fun times with the group like the (obvious one) Cloud's crossdressing, the time in Costa Del Sol, the Chocobo Race, hunting Yuffie in Wutai and many more.

Vehicles/airship: Bring back the airship in these modern FF games! I want to fly the Highwind again!

World Map: Stepping out of Midgar for the first time is one of the best moments in gaming so I just hope they keep the massive, open - world map but of course improve it for the more modern era.

The Golden Saucer: Who doesn't like blowing off some steam in the various mini games at the Golden Saucer or fighting in the battle arena? They have got to keep this theme park but of course like the world map they have got to make it even bigger. 

All it's mini - games: Besides the Golden Saucer I want all of the other mini games to stay as well.

Side Quests: FFVII had tons of extra side quests to complete either for more powerful gear or just for the fun of it.

WEAPONS: Some of the best bosses in the FF games and I want to fight them all again!

Aeries's death: Though it is sad to see her go it is also one of the most pivotal and important moments in gaming and we can't just throw it away in the remake.

Infiltrating the Shinra building: Maybe my favourite part of the whole game! Loved the music, the atmosphere, the different floors, the enemies, the sneaking, the part when you are captured and the whole look of the building itself. While of course I want them hopefully to add even more to this part I really want the while rescuing Aeries subplot to still stay.  

Chocobo breeding: A side quest that you have to invest a great amount of time in (which I don't mind because I like quests that take ages) and should still be included. I mean who doesn't want to raise their own champion racers again? to race them in the Golden Saucer and breed all of the different colours that have different abilities.


Changes/Add - on

Yuffie and Vincent are permanent characters: I want to see these two in the CGI cutscenes so I want the side missions to get them to be mandatory. Vincent of course will stay the same and I think a good time for Yuffie to join would be on the way to Junon (I always get her at that earliest point).

More WEAPONS: These have got to be some of the best bosses in Final Fantasy and if possible I just want even more of them to fight.

Monster Arena: The monster arena in FFX was one of the best side quests in all of the FF games because it took ages to do, you unlock powerful enemies to fight and you get great rewards. Always wished future FF games would include this and I hope VII remake does.

Ride a bike like in Advent Children: Now this would be cool for a new vehicle.

Real Time Combat instead of Turn Based: While I still really enjoy the turned based combat with it's strategy I admit the combat has to change with the times and be like FFXV And Kingdom Hearts. I mean wouldn't it be really cool to slash away with Cloud's sword then perform one of his Limit Breaks?

Control the summons: I liked it in XIII but it would be cool to control one in a non turned based battle.

Better Chocobo Races: They where great in the game but they have to improve the controls and include way more race tracks,

More expansive equipment menu: What I mean by this is that instead of just equipping a Weapon, Armour and Accessory let there be more stuff to equip them with. Like in FFIX and FFXII they had Chest, Arms and Legs as well.

Costume changes: While they can only be deco rational and have no impact on stats I would really like to be able to change the team's costume for combat and cutscenes.

More expansive Midgar: I absolutely loved Midgar but I would like to visit more of it in the remake like all of the different Sectors; the slums and the upper plates.

Card game: This just needs to make a comeback!

Improved underwater missions: The parts in the submarine where really great in FFVII but there was barely anything to do and you where really limited in where to go. So if they bring this back it should be way more expansive.

There you a quick list of what I want though there are probably more. I really can't wait for this remake and I hope for some gameplay videos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment