Thursday 23 July 2015

Bleach Review: Sensitive Monster

"What the hell is that thing up to?"
Kenpachi and Mayuri continue to fight Pernida however they begin to struggle against her Compulsory powers.

Wow now this chapter really ups the gore quite a bit but I guess that couldn't be helped with the kind of power Pernida has. As before I am liking the teaming up between Kenpachi and Mayuri and their different approaches to fighting but I also liked that they treat each other as comrades such as Mayuri getting Nemu to heal Kenpachi's arm or paralyzing him. Starting with Kenpachi he gets completely wreaked in this fight by first having to rip off his own arm off and then getting both his legs twisted (which is where the massive amounts of gore come in). I always like seeing Kenpachi fight but Pernida is defiantly not the opponent for straight up attacks which is where Mayuri steps in. I've always thought Mayuri is one of the most dangerous Captains with his quick ability to analyse an enemy's power and counter it; he saved Kenpachi by paralyzing the rest of his body with his Ashisogi Jizo, which we get to see a new power from! Mayuri then completely owns the fight by figuring out that Pernida's power relies on her nerves entering her opponent's body however I doubt that it is going to be that easy as Pernida seems to be finally ripping off her robe. As for Pernida I do find her to be a really interesting character and her power is awesome and gory but I am finding it too similar to Barragan's Respira for my liking (like how Kenpachi had to rip off his arm before it can consume his whole body). Plus while an explanation to her power is good and makes sense for a Quincy I swear she didn't seem to have this nerve limitation before, she used to just point and whisper so has Kubo changed her powers? Finally I did like the quick banter between Nemu, Ikkaku and Yumichika and I hope they step in to fight soon.

Time for Mayuri to own this fight!
Overall a solid fight chapter and while Mayuri has got the upper hand now I think Pernida will probably turn it around in a chapter or two.

SCORE: 7/10

Highlights: Kenpachi fighting and the gory wreck he became
                   Mayuri owning the fight
                   All the shots with Pernida because she is awesome to see

Let - Downs: Too similar to the fight with Barragan
                       Has Pernida's power changed?    

No comments:

Post a Comment