Saturday 30 May 2015

Gotham Season One: All Happy Families Are Alike

 
 
Gordon, Bullock and the GCPD work to stop the gang war between Falcone and Maroni however Fish returns to town to take it all.
 
Well what the finale proved is that the character of Fish should never have been created. Besides her stupid, ugly new appearance she killed off one of Gotham's best characters, Maroni, for the stupidest reason ever; honestly she just couldn't take being called babe? After everything with Maroni he is now gone because he said the wrong things to the wrong woman, was this supposed to prove how strong and independent Fish is or something? Then there was Selina joining Fish which I just hated because she is way better than Fish but no she had to be brought down to her level for this episode. Fish just bloody ruins everything and I jumped with joy when she was finally killed off (even her awful actress said she isn't returning) but even so I am annoyed that she has been a part of season one and when I get the DVD I am skipping all her scenes! I wanted to add that I loved Penguin's moment as he shouted he was king of gotham after killing Fish, so we'll done and I definitely hope to see him as more of a boss in season two. It is because of this that I really wish Maroni was not killed off because he could have been a cool nemesis for Penguin; why? freaking why did such a great character/actor had to go like that? What p***k decided this was for the best!? Soz for going off like that but Maroni was one of the best parts of Gotham and he should have killed Fish.
 
As for everything else the action/shootouts was a major highpoint because the one in the hospital with Gordon and ones at that warehouse with all the gangs where great. I was disappointed that Falcone is now leaving because now both bosses are gone now and Falcone's reason just came out of nowhere. Other parts that I liked was Bruce searching his father's study for clues because we got a teaser for the Batcave which I am excited to see in season two plus this gave us a glimpse of Bruce's detective skills. I also liked the moment with Nygma because it showed him descending into insanity even more and Kringle finding the clue was great because in the comics The Riddler wants you to find them. Once again I hope for more scenes involving these two in the next season because I just think they work great together. Finally the other major let down besides Fish was the moments with Barbara and Leslies because they where just boring filler and in the end we found out what I already knew; Barbara is just one weak, crazy b***h. Now I really do not think she can come back from this and I really hope this is the writers way of getting rid of her character (she is has to get locked away forever for her murders) so Leslie can now completely be the main female lead.
 
Overall this wasn't the best season finale I have seen because they where let down by two character who never should have been on Gotham; Fish and Barbara. I just hope this is the end of both of them now because I hate them and their actresses, I just freaking hate them!
 
SCORE: 6/10
 
Highlights: The action/shootouts, especially Gordon's in the hospital
                   Penguin as King of Gotham/death of Fish
                   Bruce/Nygma moments
 
Let - Downs: Fish just ruins everything
                      Selina joining Fish
                      Boring filler with Barbara
                      Both big bosses of Gotham are now gone 
 
 
The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment