Saturday 9 May 2015

Revolution Digital Comic Issue One Review


While Miles, Monroe and Charlie are finishing off The Patriots Rachael and Aaron may have finally found a way to stop the Nanites with a virus developed by Grace but they must activate it within the city that the Nanites have created that has electricity for everyone.

Those who have read my previous reviews know that I am a huge fan of Revolution and I think it is a damn shame that such a great show was cancelled when there are hundreds of pathetic reality shows and generic crime dramas that are still airing. I have had hopes that there may still be a Season Three but the people behind the show say it won't happen because of the lack of money (stupid excuse if you ask me) and decided to end the story with a digital comic. I didn't have high hopes when I heard this (despite being a huge comic book fan) because the TV show was just soooooooo good and while I know we should be grateful that we are getting an end at all I still think we loyal Revolution fans deserve a live action season!!

On to the first issue of the comic and my initial impression was that it is better than I thought it would be.......but not by much. The positives of it is that the art work really is impressive; the characters look like their live action counterpart, I liked the colours and the fight scenes with Miles, Monroe and Charlie. I like that straight away the Nanites are established as the main villain and their plan to create a city for anyone to live and use electricity is interesting and I want to keep reading to know what their plan is. I liked that Charlie was the narrator because this give her character more to than what she got in Season Two lol and she was good at it. As for the what I didn't like the first issue was way too short and because of that the whole thing felt kind of rushed. It has been a year after Season Two so they skipped the war against The Patriots (why did Miles and Monroe re join the fight against them?), the Nanite City, Rachael and Aaron infiltrating it; it is all just told too quickly. Another thing that was rushed was the pages with Grace and that it because the virus that is supposed to destroy the Nanites just came out of nowhere. It was just so convenient that after Season One and Two she just now shows up with a way to stop them; I know they want to give us an ending but this isn't that creative, they didn't even say how she made it.

Overall while the comic is good and I enjoyed the read I feel like the people behind it are rushing it just so they can just end the story and be finished with it. However I do hope that this might lead to a Revolution comic series that continues after these issues are done; I would definitely settle for that now after seeing this if it means the world of Revolution can continue for many more years.

SCORE: 6/10

Highlights: The artwork was great
                   The plot with the Nanites really peaks my interest
                   Charlie is a really good narrator

Let - Downs: The plot was so rushed
                      Only ten pages
                      The way to destroy the Nanites is too convenient and simple

Thought I'd say that may latest Arrow review is late because Screencapped haven't uploaded the screenshots for the recent episode. They usually always do in the end so I will wait until Monday then upload it.

The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;




http://screencapped.net/                         

No comments:

Post a Comment