Friday 1 May 2015

Arrow Season Three: Al Sah - Him

So what will this new team name be?
While Oliver goes through a rigorous transformation the League target Nyssa who is in Starling City training Laurel while in Flashbacks the ALPHA/OMEGA virus has been unleashed.

Now this was one damn good episode I must admit first! I tell you it is different seeing Oliver as the villain and it is really enjoyable seeing him fighting against Team Arrow. Now knowing Oliver it is possible that his programming is all an act and that he has this grand scheme up his sleeve but I have read some comments online and some believe that he isn't and will stay with the League into Season Four. This would of course be a really interesting move and one I hope they would do it because as I just said I am liking Darth Oliver so far (Felicity said that lol). However if this is the case my only gripe with Oliver's transformation is that they have really just skimmed over his programming with the League during the opening montage because I would have wanted to find out more about it. At least we got to find out a lot more about H.I.V.E and the confirmed villain for Season Four; Damien Darhk. Since he was only a minor character in the Teen Titans comics the show has already created a more different back story for him and I liked it, I am really looking forward for Season Four now! We also got some more backstory into Ra's predecessor and that Olvier will have to destroy Starling City however I did not like that the ALPHA/OMEGA virus is now a topic in the present. Those who have read my review when the virus first appeared know that I did not want it in the present because in my opinion it would be too similar to Mirakuru from Season Two but at the very least the virus is only going to be used for a few episodes.

"Guns are so uncivilised"
As for everything else I think the friendship between Laurel and Nyssa has been great; I really liked the scene when they where having fries and milkshakes. This does a good job of humanizing Nyssa, make her more relatable than the villainous assassin who "isn't normal", plus this gives her a story arc that doesn't involve Sara for once and finally gave her a new problem to deal with. Then of course there is the reveal that she is to marry Oliver and I seriously doubt she will go along with that, unless Oliver is acting and lets her in on his plan? As for Laurel this gives her some scenes with Nyssa (such as catching the robber) that didn't involve Team Arrow for once and we got to see the Canary Cry in action and it was really well done. Diggle also was strongly involved with the story because it was his wife that was kidnapped and we got to see him struggling with whether or not he believes Oliver is truly gone; seeing him lose a bit of control with Oliver and Nyssa was something different because he is usually the rock of the team (plus he was great in a swordfight!). Finally there is Thea and surprise we actually got to see her do something and see her in costume though since it was so plain I'm guessing it will be upgraded soon. Despite my annoyance of Thea most of the time I do want to see her in action fighting against Oliver and who knows it might be worth the wait. As for the Flashbacks I did really like them because we got some great action the scenes involving the spread of the virus through the city was really well done.

"So worth the photo with that fanboy"
Overall an awesome episode ands it seems the plot with the League finally knows where it's going because lately it has been all over the place and focusing more on Roy, Quentin, ATOM etc.       

Highlights: Oliver as a villain
                   Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E explained
                   Laurel and Nyssa's friendship and strong Diggle material

Let - Downs: Did not go in depth into Oliver's programming
                      ALPHA/OMEGA virus in the present

The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;




http://screencapped.net/               

No comments:

Post a Comment