Monday 25 May 2015

Revolution Digital Comic Issue Two Review



Miles and the gang head to the Nanite city but meet with some resistance from it's residences led by Tom Neville.

Well I thought maybe the rest of the issues where going to be way longer, that the first one was so short because it was just to establish the characters and set up the story however I was wrong. Guess I will get the biggest let down out of the way again and that is the issue is just so damn short! Honestly I don't know how they are going to give a satisfying conclusion to Revolution in only two more issues which again makes me hope they will continue the story after this. This lack of content is also affecting the characters as well because we get barely any time with them like Monroe for example I feel that he is just tagging along with the group when he is such a major character in live action. Again because of this shortness the whole thing felt rushed like the journey to the Nanite city; the major highlight of the first season of Revolution (in my opinion) was the adventure and interactions the group had with others and in new locations across the Monroe Republic. In this comic we get none of that and they even just basically skip an encounter with a group of bandits, I just wish this was more than four issues. What I have to praise about this issue however was Tom Neville who played a major role and was badass on the front cover with his steeped, bloody hands. I like that he seems to be the Nanite's spokesmen in this and I also liked his speech of how the Nanite city works and why he feels content there; it was interesting and gives a bit more sympathy to Tom who was about as down as a guy can get at the end of Season Two and I can understand way he would turn to the salvation the Nanites are offering. Another praise in this goes to Charlie because once again I am liking her as the narrator and I liked how she rallied the group together when Miles refused to go at first. Final thing in this issue and the last one they also do a good job of making Rachael one stubborn, crazy bitch like she was in live action lol.

Overall the shortness of the issues is going to mark the Revolution comic every time but Tom was great in this (like he is in live action) and I am interested in this whole connection thing the Nanites are offering to it's citizens. Still this issue really isn't that better than the first one but the ending of it makes me excited for the next one.

SCORE: 6/10

Highlights: The return of Tom Neville
                    Charlie

Let - Downs: Again too short with a rushed plot
                      All characters should get a fair amount of development

The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;




No comments:

Post a Comment