Thursday 30 April 2015

Gotham Season One: Everyone Has A Cobblepot

"Taste my boom stick!"
Bruce deals with the aftermath of the attack on Alfred meanwhile Gordon investigates Commissioner Loeb and Fish meets Dr Dulmacher AKA The Dollmaker (Colm Feore).
Once again Gordon has to deal with the corruption in the GCPD and I really like it every time he does because there is always something different to deal with. I liked most of the plot where Gordon has to find a cache of blackmail because it reminded me of the plot to the game Watch Dogs and I really enjoyed that story. However I was disappointed with how it ended because I would have preferred files of blackmail to Loeb's crazy daughter; I don't know to me the whole reveal was kind of lacklustre. Fortunately is only a small disappointment because throughout this plot Gordon got to have some awesome team ups starting with Dent who it is great to see again. Then there was Bullock and in my opinion he has to most depth to him because of his dark past; sure he betrayed Gordon at first but he broke under the weight of all the corruption years ago. It was in interesting to learn he and Gordon are just one of many cops to be forced to murder a gangster so they will always have a black mark in their past. Finally there was Penguin and he was back to his old sly and sadistic self this episode whether it was forcing a favour from Gordon or getting the to old people to kill each other. Him running a night club is alright but this manipulative and dangerous Penguin is who I want to see more. As for Gordon himself though he is always going to be a beacon of justice it was different to see him being a bit shadier because whatever the blackmail was he was fully prepared to blackmail Loeb and gain from it.
Use your coin Dent!
As for everything else I defiantly liked Colm Feore as the Dollmaker because firstly he is one of my favourite actors, my favourite role for him is when he was Randall in Revolution, and he had this dark humour presence whenever he was on screen as Dulmacher. What he did to his manager was pretty damn gruesome and we get an explanation to why he is collecting body parts. I really hope we get to see more of him as an antagonist because the Dollmaker in the comics is a dark character however I hope in season two he gets a storyline without Fish because again I just don't care about her plight and they just keep finding excuses not to kill her. Nygma had some small scenes with Kringle but it wasn't really that significant which was kind of the same for Bruce's scenes as well. I do like his moments with Alfred and I want him to team up with Selina but I was hoping he would already be making a start into investigating Reginald but now we have to wait until next episode. However I won't mark it down for the Nygma and Bruce scenes because we only got a few of them; they weren't what I want but they weren't bad.
Wonder if we'll see the Dollmaker slice off any faces? Those who read the comics know what I'm talking about
Overall I really enjoyed the main plot with Gordon this episode and the debut of The Dollmaker.
SCORE: 8/10
Highlights: Gordon team up with Dent and Bullock
                   Penguin's last scene at the club
                   The Dollmaker
Let - Down: The big reveal of Loeb's blackmail
                     Fish's subplot

The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;





No comments:

Post a Comment