Friday 3 April 2015

Arrow Season Three: Suicidal Tendencies

"Let Team Arrow and Team ATOM join forces"
Diggle and Lyla finally get married however their celebration is cut short when Deadshot shows up with a new mission from Waller so they both re - join the Suicide Squad and meet it's newest member: Cupid. Meanwhile Arrow finds out about Ray's ATOM suit so the two have a heated stand off with Felicity in the middle of it.

We finally get to see ATOM in action and it was freaking awesome! I say this first; I wish the fight between Arrow and ATOM lasted longer but I was satisfied with what I got. That suit is just so cool besides from looking great it has an arc blast, energy beam and a really useful HUD display which was a good and believable way for Ray to learn the Arrow's identity. I really like the character arc that Ray went through this episode because we just need more of Ray since he is such a great character. He is similar to Oliver with his sense of justice and strong desire to help people but he is still new so it was good to see him learn his first lesson after his fight with Arrow. He also had some good moments with Felicity which I like because even though Arrow spends more time addressing relationships than I would like, FelicityxRay is a way better pairing than what they have done so far. The episode also ended on a cliff hanger and with Ray present and now his supporting Arrow I am looking forward to a team up from the two because those who read my previous reviews know I like a good team up between heroes or between villains. Plus all in all the special effects where perfect; I thought The Flash has been better but that is because they have Meta Humans but Arrow proves to be just as good with it's ATOM suit.

I know I keep saying this about ATOM but I'm saying it again; freaking awesome!!
The other story arc focused on the Suicide Squad and it is great to see them again because it has been too long and we get the debut of Cupid. I liked Cupid when she first appeared in the show and I still like her now because she does play crazy really good and she had some funny scenes with Deadshot. Deadshot of course was another highlight with Flashbacks focusing on him and we learned more about his past (which I am thankful for because it gave us a break from the Hong Kong flashbacks). My only gripe with them is that I wished there could have been longer because I honestly thought we would have gotten another Flashback of Deadshot killing Diggle's brother and maybe Diggle could have been there too. Another thing that annoyed me was the apparent death of Deadshot however I am not going to mark it down for this because I don't think he is dead but it is still possible which would suck because of his history with Diggle and the fact that he is a major comic villain. As for the rest of this arc despite the action being good I found the whole senator mission to be predictable and underwhelming and I just wish they would introduce more members of the Suicide Squad; they don't have to be introduced before on Arrow just introduce on the mission! Finally Diggle had some nice scenes such as his wedding and great material to work with like near the near the end when he contemplated leaving Team Arrow (glad he was talked out of it!).

The Suicide Squad together again
Overall a good episode and a needed break from all of the League stuff that has been the main focus lately but the Suicide Squad mission could have been more unique, maybe facing a Meta Human?

SCORE: 7/10

Highlights: Arrow vs. ATOM
                   Return of the Suicide Squad
                   strong character arcs for Ray, Deadshot and Diggle

Let - Downs: Needed more backstory for Deadshot
                      Suicide Squad mission was underwhelming

         
The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment