Thursday 9 April 2015

Bleach Review: Against The Judgment

"With us you Soul Reapers can finally leave"
Aizen prepares to bring down the entire Soul Palace despite the protests of the Soul Reapers however the surviving Sternritters in the Wandenreich intervene led by Sternritter U, NaNaNa Najahkoop.

Been a while since I have reviewed Bleach but as I have said before when I am really busy during the week I make Gotham, Arrow and The Flash my priority over this plus despite Aizen I have been so disappointed in Bleach's constant standstill in terms of plot development lately. Anyway this chapter is really good because it brings back the Sternritter who survived Yhwach's Auswahlen but what is weird is that they seem to have their powers back, I thought Auswahlen drained them of their powers? Still we get to see NaNaNa in action and find out that his Underbelly power allows him to analyse Reiatsu over time and damage his opponent. It was really cool and while he didn't complete stop Aizen he certainly didn't mind taking him on which is why I didn't like Bazz - B stopping NaNaNa. NaNaNa has always been one of my favourite Sternritter, I really like his design and personality, and it would be a shame if he dies now without ever having a proper fight especially when  he was hyped to face Renji for a time (more evidence that I think Kubo has just been neglecting him). However even if he wasn't I would have preferred a fight between the surviving Sternritter and the Soul Reapers in place of a team up; it is understandable that Bazz - B is against Yhwach now because he almost died by Auswahlen but still in my opinion one last fight against the Soul Reapers would have been better (plus it looks like Shunsui was finally going to fight too). Not much else to say about this chapter other than the dialogue between Mayuri and Aizen was funny because I wanted these two great minds to have a argument for a while now and I wasn't disappointed; each trying to prove who is better was typical of them.

If this is the end of NaNaNa than I am going to be really ticked off
Overall a good chapter but it is a shame that NaNaNa may have been taken out but hopefully the story might actually move now and we get some proper fights.

SCORE: 7/10

Highlights: NaNaNa showing off his power and trying to stop Aizen
                   The banter between Mayuri and Aizen

Let - Downs: NaNaNa taken out?
                      Not sure I like the Sternritter and Soul Reaper team up that much 

No comments:

Post a Comment