Tuesday 14 April 2015

Gotham Season One: The Blind Fortune Teller

Why so serious?
The feud between Gotham's circus families ends in murder while Gordon takes Leslie there for a date and Bruce schedules a meeting with the Wayne Enterprises board.
Woah! Have we just caught a glimpse of a young Joker? Though it isn't actually said my gut says yes and lots of others on the internet believe so too. Jerome's crazy rant at the end just felt like the Joker which makes me want him to be the Joker even more because the guy was really, really good. When he had that crazy grin he just looked insane and that smile felt worthy of the Joker and him not too sure of his past is also a link to the Joker. I hope we see more of him soon and it is confirmed because I think he did a really great job. Besides Joker we also got to see the parents of the first Robin which was cool, gave us some backstory on them and this whole circus feud gave us a really different kind of episode and I liked it. What was really great about it was that it gave us more time with Gordon and Leslie and I am just really liking the chemistry between them, the scenes they have and it was cool them investigating a case together. For example when Leslie wanted to go to the bridge the reaction of Gordon was so funny and I like the dialogue when they argue about her being involved in the investigation. Leslie is right she is a strong woman and better for Gordon than Barbara who was so weak she walked away from Gordon when she couldn't handle it anymore.
You tell em Bruce!!
As for everything else Barbara being in this episode was something I didn't care for because I never wanted to see her again and it doesn't help that she acted like some drunken idiot at first. I just hate that she has to continue to be on the show because she is just going to be annoying and jealous just to be in the way of Gordon and Leslie and as I said before I bet she will think she is all in the right. Then there is Fish and her little side story is just so boring; I don't like her speeches or her actions with the prisoners, I just don't freaking care because it is just too detached from the goings on in Gotham. As for Penguin I usually always like it when we see what he is up to but the whole subplot with the club was uninteresting and was probably there just to fill up some screen time. Finally the only other good subplot in this episode was Bruce and I liked his whole confrontation with the Wayne board; it was funny to see them not expecting what Bruce was accusing them of, I only wish there was more of it instead of some of the other subplots we got.
"Hell no, we aren't going out to look for clues this time of night"
Overall the possible reveal of the Joker was so awesome but in the end I only really liked just half of the episode because too much time was wasted on Fish, Barbara and unfortunately the bad Penguin subplot.
SCORE: 6/10
Highlights: The feud between the circus families (introducing the Graysons)
                   Possible Joker reveal!!!
                   Gordon and Leslie continue to be a good couple
Let - Downs: Barbara as always
                      Don't care about Fish's subplot
                      Penguin's subplot with the club wasn't that great
The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;





No comments:

Post a Comment