Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Flash Season Two: Enter Zoom

"Now I am the best"
Team Flash comes up with a plan to have Earth One Linda Park pose as Dr Light from Earth Two so they can trick and capture Zoom.
 
Wow the last part of this episode was one of the most epic endings for a Flash episode and was such a strong debut for Season Two's main villain. You know I have read comments before this episode on the internet that Zoom will just be another Reverse Flash but after this I think people will see Zoom as his own villain. First off his design his just so freaking great; I said when we had the glimpse of him last episode that he seems more of a monster than human and it seems Team Flash agrees from their comments. The look of his mouth, the way his fingers are like claws and his truly terrifying voice really makes Zoom seem like his out of a nightmare; like the way he snuck up on Linda, now that kind of made me jump lol! Then there was the fight itself which was so great and had quite a few WTF moments like when Zoom caught a bolt of lightning! Then what really surprised me was the really epic final scenes when Zoom parades the broken Flash in front of the news and police; it was cool to see him taunt the city and catch all of those bullets. This again makes him seem really different than Reverse Flash because Zoom wants people to know that he is the best speedster out there, he doesn't care about staying in the shadows that much. The other part of this subplot which involved Dr Light was really good as well because as I mentioned last review this gives Linda a better role than being neglected last season. That training montage for example was so funny (props to Cisco for those funny cardboard cut outs) and her fake fight with Flash was good to see because I would have been annoyed if Linda just put on the outfit and just became Dr Light already. I am also glad that the Earth Two Dr Light escaped because maybe we'll see her in a future episode but what is more important is that there is a naked Linda running around in Earth One.......lucky sods.
 
NOOO FLASH!........you think Zoom bought that?
As for everything else I am again liking the growing relationship between Barry and Patty because it just feels so real; like how Barry came to her near the end when he was feeling down about not captured Zoom and still thinking about not saving his mother, it was a really good moment. I am also again liking the new Wells because we got more insight into his character and he really did a good job of showing his desperation for capturing Zoom because of his daughter. I noticed she was called Jessie Quick and for those who don't know she is a speedster in the comics, be interesting if that happens in the series but I hope they don't cram it into this season. I also noticed the news report on Green Arrow in Earth Two and how that it is Robert Queen! Those who have read Flashpoint know this is similar in the way that Thomas Wayne became Batman in an alternate reality because Bruce died instead, I really hope to see this develop more in a future season. However I have got to say that I am getting really, really annoyed that Team Flash (especially Joe) just can't realize that this is different Harrison Wells! It is getting old now that they are still comparing him to the Reverse Flash when he isn't the Reverse Flash, heck don't they even remember that Earth One Wells wasn't the Reverse Flash either that it was Eobard Thawne in disguise? Joe of course has been a major disappointment and annoyance this season and I get ticked off with everything he does; like I am surprised Patty isn't way more angry with Joe's attitude towards her and I sick of him constantly trying tell Barry what is good for him (like the scenes in the corridor and elevator). When I saw them I just kept thinking "Barry take freaking charge and tell him to shut up!" but no he just always has to follow Joe's advice.
 
WTF
Overall Zoom made this episode and has proven himself to be a worthy villain to the Flash this season!
 
SCORE: 8/10
 
Highlights: Zoom!
                   Linda's training as Dr Light
                   Good moments with Patty and Wells
 
 Let - Downs: Earth Two Wells constantly being compared to Reverse Flash
                       Joe is really ticking me off
 
The great screenshots of these episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;





No comments:

Post a Comment