Thursday 19 November 2015

Arrow Season Four: Lost Souls

"I wish I was big"
Team Arrow work to try and free the trapped Ray from Damien meanwhile Felicity's mom visits again and Sara goes back out into the field.
 
You know I was really looking forward to the return of Ray AKA The Atom because he was my favourite character in Season Three but this episode was kind of a disappointment overall. To start off with what I did like I loved seeing Donna back because it is so fun to see how awkward she makes Felicity. I did like the heart to heart they shared because we got to learn a bit more about their past, I liked how much contact Oliver with her and how that surprised Felicity but the biggest surprise was the moment Donna had with Quentin at the end! If a romantic subplot does develop between these two characters then I say go ahead because it will be something completely new for Quentin and we might get some nice funny moments if the other characters find out lol. I also really enjoyed the two break - ins Team Arrow did because I liked how they where both heist style raids and it was cool that they brought Curtis to the last one. They fight scene between Team Arrow and HIVE was really awesome to watch and of course its also great to see more of Damien's powers; the way he quickly overpowered Green Arrow makes me wonder how they are going to beat him? We also got a look at some weird table thing that Damien wants to power up using the data they got from the ATOM suit but I still have no idea what his plan is yet so this really just fuels my curiosity.
 
Get in there Quentin!
Now on to what I didn't like and the first one being that Ray and Sara where completely underused in this episode. I wanted there to be more scenes with Ray and maybe the Flashbacks this episode could have been used to show what he has been up to the past six months because they weren't that interesting this episode. Plus he didn't even get to have one little fight after they rescued him; they might be saving some action with him for next episode but I wanted a little teaser now! As for Sara I feel like the writers have no idea what to do with her until Legends of Tomorrow because they again just skimmed over her return from the dead. I mean she let her mother know she was alive over the freaking phone, I really would have preferred if she came back and then Sara just left at the end; just like with Henry Allen in The Flash I think this was poorly handled and their excuses just not good enough. Another reason she didn't do that good is because of the stupid bloodlust subplot that she shares with Thea and I just really, really have lost all interest in it at this point; they haven't done enough to make me really care anymore and it just feels shoved in every episode as a reminder. Finally while the conflict between Oliver and Felicity was understandable, made some good points and the dialogue was alright I just felt like it dragged on and on until it dominated most of the episode.  
"Hey how about we form our own group with just us three?"
Overall the weakest episode of Arrow so far in my opinion mainly because of how underused Ray and Sara where and I really only liked half of what was going on. 
 
SCORE: 5/10
 
Highlights: Return on Donna/Possible her and Quentin romance?
                   The two heist style raids
                   Badass Damien
 
Let - Downs: Ray and Sara where underused
                      Don't care about the Sara/Thea bloodlust issue anymore
                      Flashbacks
                      The Oliver and Felicity conflict just took over the whole episode
 
The great screenshots of these episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;





No comments:

Post a Comment