Tuesday 10 November 2015

Bleach Review: Theatre Suicide Scene 4

Glad we are getting the cool ninja form from the anime!
Lille reveals the ultimate form of his Jilliel Vollstandig and dominates the fight so Shunsui decides to return Nanao's Zanpakuto to her.

Wow Kubo sure has a way of surprising the audience because I never expected Lille's new form to look like that! I was expecting some kind of change because his first Vollstandig form looked like a cocoon so I thought he was getting ready to become something else but he is a complete monster now. I have to say I really like this form because besides from being unexpected I don't think it was random based on two things. Frist Lille has constantly been saying he is the messenger of God and owls (his new face) have always been messengers throughout history and in Greek mythology owls have always been used as protectors for armies and trade, secondly his name is similar to the demon Lilith who has been associated with owls in certain texts. Now you could say these are a coincidence but Kubo has always portrayed the Quinces as these holy angels so I kind of like to think that it isn't. Now back to his form I do really like it because some of the shots Kubo draws it makes it look really creepy, like the close ups of it's face. It does also seem to be really powerful with the way it is destroying the surrounding area but I think it's weakness could be in it's eyes with the way Lille mentioned several times that his eyes are getting dry.
You can't say Kubo isn't creative
Now on to Shunsui and I will first get out of the way that while I did enjoy seeing his Bankai I am disappointed no other stage of it was shown because I wanted more after so much hype. However I have read some fan theories suggesting Shunsui will get another form or stage to his Bankai based on the ending which I hope is the case. I have to say that Shunsui has a really dark relationship with his Zanpakuto because of the way Katen Kyokotsu suggests that he should just give up and die which Shunsui actually seems to be contemplating, before Nanao shows up. We also get some more insight into their past with Nanao mentioning a promise Shunsui made to her mother (we defiantly need a Flashback soon!) but the big reveal is that Shunsui has been keeping Nanao's Zanpakuto, Kyokotsu, away from her. Now this is really weird because does this mean that Shunsui never had a had two swords because the other was Nanao's? and if it is Nanao's then are some of his Shikai moves not his like the child's games or the shadow moves? Like I just said we need a Flashback to clear this up but I see Nanao joining in this fight now with possibility a Bankai of her own if both the swords possess one, this again might make me think Shunsui could get another Banaki because what if his true one was being blocked by Nanao's Zanpakuto? Finally I am really, really glad they used the other Katen Kyokotsu spirit form the anime for Nanao's Zanpakuto because I have always really liked that one as well!

"I see you"
Overall got some big surprises in this chapter and setups for some exciting new twists for the rest of this fight.

SCORE: 9/10

Highlights: Lille's new form
                   The dark banter between Shunsui and Katen Kyokotsu
                   Nanao's Zanpakuto revealed

Let - downs: Is this it now for Shunsui's Bankai?    

No comments:

Post a Comment