Friday 30 October 2015

Bleach Review: The Theatre Suicide Scene 3

Been ages since we have seen someone else Zanpakuto spirit
Lille tries to resist the power of Shunsui's Bankai however Shunsui then unleashes the Final Dan and gets a visit from his Zanpakuto spirit.

You know Bleach used to put a lot of emphasis on the Zanpakuto and the spirits they possess but after the Soul Society Arc they take a back seat, we even only have ever seen two in the manga and that is Ichigo's and Renji's. So I am glad that Kubo hasn't forgotten about them when we get the appearance of Shunsui's Zanpakuto spirit Sakuranosuke. I am so glad she turned up for that reason and I am also glad she looks the same from the anime filler arc because her design in that was really great already; I guess she is also the shadowy figure when Shunsui first released his Bankai. I liked the scenes and the banter between her and Shunsui since you can just tell that these two have been together for ages because Shunsui is the most experienced Captain now. Like how Shunsui keeps calling her "My Flower" and how he did act silly with her at the end, it was all nicely done. Sakuranosuke herself also drops hints to the background of Shunsui's kimono and I have read some fan theories thinking that it used to belong to a former lover of Shunsui so I hope we get a flashback soon. The Final Dan of Shunsui's Bankai was also very cool in they way a trail of light followed his fingers, the poem he recited to it then slashing Lille's throat. As for Lille himself I knew he wasn't going down for the count just yet which I am glad because I want this fight to last longer, plus the final page which showed his face reforming out of energy looked really menacing. I have enjoyed Shunsui's Bankai and it's ability to bring stories to life is cool but I am still feeling a bit underwhelmed by it. I am not going to mark this chapter down for it in case there are more stages to it next chapter because the fight is still going but if it doesn't then I will be disappointed.

"You better not come back after this Lille"
Overall a really good chapter nothing really wrong with it but it doesn't feel perfect to me, I mean it was kind of short in all.

SCORE: 8/10

Highlights: Sakuranosuke
                   Shunsui's Final Dan
                   Lille's return

Let - Downs: Felt short 

No comments:

Post a Comment