Friday 23 October 2015

Bleach Review: The Theatre Suicide Scene 2

"Bet you weren't expecting this?"
Ichigo runs into Askin but as the two begin to fight they feel the chill of Shunsui's reiatsu as he activates his Bankai.

The chapter we have all been waiting for but before I get into that I want to first talk about the unexpected appearance of Askin and Ichigo. You know Askin continues to be one of my favourite characters just based on his personality alone; the funny reveal that he hasn't even fought Grimmjow and just ran away from him, even admitting that he is the type to run than fight even though he is supposed to be an Elite Sternritter lol. Now I don't think for a second that Grimmjow has been defeated and we won't see him again because he has been hyped up for so long and it would be a waste of his character who has been underused so far. Since Gerard is taking on multiple opponents at once I guess Askin can probably do the same against Ichigo and Grimmjow which would make for an awesome team up. We also get some shots of Chad, Ganju and Orihime but I don't really care at this point because they have just been completely useless this entire arc and I don't know who they can fight since there is not enough Sternritter to go round. However the fight between Askin and Ichigo was cut short went they both felt a very dark and chilling reiatsu coming from Shunsui's Bankai.


Askin continues to be such a great character
This was a great introduction to his Bankai and really mirrors his dark personally quite well; everything from the change of atmosphere to the moves themselves. It kind of remind me of Yamamoto's Banaki which moves was divided into North, West, South, East but Shunsui's is First Dan, Second and Third. The moves are pretty twisted such as the first one where each opponent suffer from the same wounds, the poisoning of Lille and then trapping them both in a cube of water until one of them dies. Plus I was right in thinking that these moves are like a play because off the story Shunsui is saying while Lille feels the effects. It was all very great however I feel like we went through them all really fast and it left me wanting more because the first thing I thought after the chapter despite really liking the Bankai was; "Is this it?". However I am not too worried because I am sure Lille is not down for the count just yet which will force Shunsui to use more moves, maybe something involving that shadow figure?
 
So Lille does have legs in this form
Overall a really decent Bankai reveal chapter and I liked how we got to see a bit of Askin and Ichigo just like we got to see a bit of Gerard and the other Soul Reapers last chapter. 

SCORE: 8/10

Highlights: Shunshui's Bankai
                   The opening with Askin and Ichigo

Let - Downs: The moments with Shunsui's Bankai felt rushed
                      The rest of Ichigo's group is still very useless

No comments:

Post a Comment