Wednesday 17 June 2015

Revolution Digital Comic Issue Four Review (Finale)


While Miles, Monroe and Charlie fend off the mob of crazies Rachael confronts the Nanites in the perfect world inside her own mind.

Well it looks like the story of Revolution is finally over and while I would have preferred live action and these issues have been really rushed the ending was quite satisfying. First off Rachael finally dies which is something I wanted for ages however at least her death was a good way to go; sacrificing her life to destroy the Nanites, so I guess good for her. I was also really glad to see Ben again because he was one of my fav characters and I wanted him to be the permanent avatar of the Nanites. I also liked his conversation with Rachael where he tired to convince her that humans are better off under the rule of the Nanites (he makes a compelling argument lol). The shock of course was that everyone under the influence of the Nanites died including Connor which is a let down because like Tom he his potential as a character has never been fully realized. I am glad Monroe never died at the end and it was kind of fitting his ending was left open to the audience to decided; whether he continued to fight or not. As for Miles and Charlie it was cool that we got a bit of a time skip where Miles eventually found someone else and had a son plus seeing his grave at the end makes me wonder how big the time skip was? All in all the ending was good but kind of sad as well with the amount of death there was at the end and that the power was never turned back on; they may not have changed much but Miles and Charlie got some peace at the end of all the fighting.

Overall I did really like this ending and it is sad that Revolution is now over however I do kind of hope that someone will make a spinoff comic series.

SCORE: 8/10

Highlights: Ben returns
                   Rachael's sacrifice
                   The peaceful yet sad ending for Miles, Monroe and Charlie

Let - Downs: The death of Connor

The great screenshots of the episodes where provided by the great site Screencapped. You can look for yourself from the link below;




No comments:

Post a Comment