Saturday 6 June 2015

Bleach Review: Gate Of The Sun

To battle!!!
Yhwach has now assimilated the Soul King's power and transformed the Soul Palace into Wahrwelt however Ichigo, Shunsui and all the others have infiltrated and prepare to battle the Quincy.

Your probably wondering why it has taken me so long to review Bleach and that is because besides being busy with Arrow, Flash and Gotham I have been so bored with Bleach lately. The story has barely moved along for months with only the return of Aizen and Grimmjow to keep me interested but it looks like it has picked up now. First off I just want to say that the new Wandenrich City and the castle Wahrwelt look so freaking awesome! Kubo is not really known for detailed backgrounds but he has put a lot of effort into the Quincy buildings which is a definite plus. Next I liked how the heroes are now split up into three groups because some characters can get more spotlight and some fights, like Mayuri and Kenpachi. The funniest part of the chapter was from those two and how they are at each other's throats and since they haven't had much interaction since the early chapters of Bleach I really hope they team up in a fight. Also it is typical of Mayuri to go off on his own to gather data but I wonder if he has some hidden plan? Plus I do hope he brings the revived Arrancar from down below somehow because we have not seen enough of them. Then there was the appearance of Askin who is attacked by Grimmjow and that was a match up I wasn't expecting but should be interesting. I really like Askin and I don't think he is going to die soon because I just think he is always hiding his true power; unlike almost every villain in Bleach he is never arrogant like how he is dismayed with finding Ichigo's group, there has got to be more to him. I also have more hope that we will get more Sternritter soon because besides from the fact that Wahrwelt looks like it can hold an army there is just too few Sternritter and too many Soul Reapers. Finally Bazz - B, Giselle and Lilotto arriving at the old castle makes me think they have their own plan to take out Yhwach but the menacing shot of Haschwalth at the end makes me think they will end up as cannon fodder for his powers. I wouldn't mind that because Haschwalth is a good character but he just needs to do more.

"Home sweet home"
Overall this chapter looks like the pace is really about to pick up and makes me look forward to some great fights. The only down side was that it spent too long with Ichigo's group chatting away before the arrival of Askin which bothered me in the previous chapters; their group just keeps yammering on and on, stuff can be discussed shortly is dragged on because Kubo wanted to add some comedic moments with them or a long winded explanation of the situation.

SCORE: 8/10

Highlights: The environment art is amazing
                   Mayuri and Kenpachi team up
                   Askin vs. Grimmjow?
                   Haschwalth looks like he will actually do something soon

Let - Downs: Ichigo's group  

No comments:

Post a Comment