Wednesday 18 March 2015

Top Fifteen DC Heroes

With live action adaptions of comics being so big lately I thought I'd do a top ten of my favourite heroes and villains from the comics. Thought I'd start off with DC and then do Marvel and remember this list is based on the comics and NOT the TV series and films.

15. The Huntress
Those who have read my Arrow TV series reviews know that I think they have ruined The Huntress but I still really like her in the comics because she has a way better backstory, she is a valuable member of the Birds of Prey and even though Batman believes she is violent and unpredictable he still relies on her from time to time.

14. Red Hood (Jason Todd)While not my favourite Robin when Jason Todd became Red Hood he turned into a complete badass! He methods are very similar to Batman but does not mind using lethal force, he started out as an enemy to Batman but eventually became an ally. His most well known storylines; A Death in the Family and Under the Hood are so epic and his recent Red Hood and the Outlaws in New 52 is great as well.

13. Firestorm
Firestorm is one of the most powerful heroes in my opinion and I have always really liked that he is a fusion of multiple people because we get some great banter between them.

12. Catwoman
Some may say that Catwoman is a villain or the very least an anti - hero but I have always though of her as an ally of Batman. My favourite comic she has been in his the Hush one where Batman actually reveals his identity to her and contemplates being in a relationship with her as well.

11. Superman
Superman may be really down on this list but that is because I was never really bothered about him until recently after seeing the new Superman film so I decided to get some of his most well known comics. I realize now that he is a really great hero and I liked his new origins in the New 52 DC comics.

10. Green Arrow
If this was a list of live action heroes he would be near the top but I didn't like how he started off in the comics (just a copy of Batman) and I didn't like that he looks like Robin Hood with a beard. However in recent years he has gotten a lot better such as his Year One comic in 2007 and his team ups with Black Canary.

9. Black Canary
She is quite the badass in the comics and as mentioned above I like her team ups with Green Arrow but also with Birds of Prey. It is such a shame that she doesn't have her sonic scream in the TV show but maybe she might get Meta Human powers.

7. Green Lantern (Hal Jordon)
One of my earliest comics that I read Green Lantern has always been one of my favourite comics and if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be the Blackest Night storyline which is one of my favourites. I have always really liked Green Lantern's powers and my favourite storylines was when Hal Jordon failed to story Cyborg Superman destroying Coast City and he had to deal with the consequences.

6. Booster Gold
The hero I want to see the most in the Arrow/Flash TV series because with time travel it could work. Booster Gold always brings good humour when he appears and I have always liked his origins of how he became a hero.

5. Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
The best of the Batgirls in my opinion because of the amount of character development that was given to her. She was great as Batgirl and had a cool costume and then when she was shot by the Joker she became one of the best computer geniuses in the DC universe as Oracle, helping Batman and the Birds of Prey. Felicity from the Arrow TV series was obviously based on Oracle.

4. Arsenal
Arsenal has always been my favourite archer in the comics more than Green Arrow because I think his transformation from Speedy/Red Arrow to Arsenal was really well done. While I never liked his drug addiction storyline in the old comics I liked how it keep haunting him when he got his new right arm.

3. Nightwing
Dick Grayson started out as Robin but then he became one of my favourite super heroes ever. Like with Arsenal I just liked the transformation Grayson had to becoming Nightwing and I have all his New 52 comics.

2. The Flash (Barry Allen)
By far the best Flash there is because in my opinion Barry becomes the most powerful user of the Speed Force to the point where he becomes to Speed Force. He is such an important character as well because of his time travel ability because if he changes anything it effects everything in the DC universe (Flashpoint). His best storylines are Flash Rebirth and Flashpoint.

1. Batman
Of course number one just had to be one of the most well known and most popular heroes of all time. Batman was also the first comic I ever read so I owe him quite a lot and he has some of the best storylines and villains there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment