Saturday 21 February 2015

Bleach Review: Mimihagi - Sama

"They didn't say it would be this painful"
While the remaining Quincy are shocked that Yhwach would destroy them along with the worlds Ukitake activates Kamikake and calls upon the Right Arm of the Soul King Mimihagi to make him the Soul King replacement. Meanwhile in the underground prison Shunsui visits Sosuke Aizen.

Guess I'll talk about the most important development and that is the return of AIZEN!! I have been looking forward to this for years because Aizen is one of my most favourite manga characters and villains of all time. I don't know what Shunsui wants to talk to him about but I'm guessing it could be because of his powers, immortality or his vast knowledge that could be useful against Yhwach. Still Shunsui must know that he is playing with fire and that Aizen can't be trusted and will sure to work his own plan in this chaos. I so want Aizen to be the final villain of this arc because I can really see Ichigo defeating Yhwach but then Aizen steps in and becomes the final boss. It is a shame we don't get to see him so I really hope we do next chapter however I won't be surprised if Kubo moves away from this for several chapters because he has done that kind of tease before.

"Can you hear me Aizen?"
We also get some back story on Ukitake (about time) and find out that there are more Gods   worshipped in the Soul Society than I thought. I'm guessing, and I sure many have already, but I think Mimihagi is the actual right arm of the Soul King based on it's appearance and the fact that the Soul King is missing limbs. We also find out that Ukitake wants to replace the Soul King but I really hope he doesn't die because we have barely seen him fight and we haven't seen his Bankai. Instead I would prefer Ukitake to share his body with the Soul King so he can still have a fight in the future. As for everything else it is interesting seeing the Soldat as shocked as the Sternritter which makes me think they never really knew Yhwach's full plan. Since we also get a shot of Bazz - B I'm fairly sure the remaining Sternritter and Soldat will team up with the Soul Reapers to bring down Yhwach, which is a shame because I wanted my theory to be true of Yhwach making more Sternritter out of the Soldat. Finally the art work this chapter was really impressive, especially the shots with Ukitake when he using Kamikake.

That has got to be the Soul King's right arm, just look at it
Overall I'm going to give this chapter a near perfect score because of Shunsui meeting Aizen at the end, it would have gotten perfect if we saw him and that Kubo might move away from it next chapter.

SCORE: 9/10

Highlights: Long Live Lord Aizen!!!!!!
                   Ukitake and Mimihagi
                   The reaction of the Soldat

Let - Downs: We don't get to see Aizen

No comments:

Post a Comment