Wednesday 6 August 2014

Bleach Review: Marching out the Zombies 3

A fan art on what his bankai could look like if he get a new form in zombie mode


Got another review for Bleach and like I said during my last one I will now be review the chapters as they come out.

This chapter begins with everyone surprised to see Toshiro Hitsugaya as one of Giselle's zombies however they quickly get over that as Toshiro springs in to action. He choses to fight Yumichika and Ikkaku first but quickly overwhelms them by delivering some deep slashes and freezing a large area. Ikkaku loses his leg and his stabbed in the back before he can do anything else and then Toshiro finishes off Yumichika as well. Mayuri figures out that Toshiro is different from the zombie Bambietta in that he has no conciseness, Giselle confirms this by telling him that she turned Toshiro in to a zombie before he ides so he is easier to control. Mayuri asks what the fun is in controlling someone with no conscious thoughts while Giselle replies that she is a sadist and doesn't care. Charlotte then steps in to fight Toshiro but is quickly cut down but Mayuri intervenes before he could he can do anything else. Mayuri says that he dislikes this form of control and that he has tones of new medicine he would like to test on him.

Great chapter this week, it mainly focuses on the newly arrived zombie Toshiro overpowering his opponents but it was just so awesome. Those who have read my previous reviews know that I am not a big fan of Toshiro, his fights are alright but he mainly relies on his bankai and convenient ice based moves for victory so much that it became annoying. However the fighting style of zombie Toshiro is the kind of fighting style I wanted to see from him all along; rushing and overpowering his opponents with swordplay combined with his ice moves. He was completely brutal with Yumichika, Ikkaku and Charlotte and I hope he keeps this up when facing Mayuri.

There isn't much else to say about this chapter since it is all about Toshiro rushing the battlefield however Giselle mentions that he turned Toshiro in to a zombie before he died. I really, really hope that this doesn't mean that Toshiro will turn back to normal because as I mentioned in my review of Marching out the Zombie 1 + 2, Kubo really needs to start killing off some of the good guys and Toshiro was such an unexpected choice.

If I had to pick one thing I did not like is that Charlotte was taken out quickly by Toshiro when I wanted to see him fight more. From what Mayuri said it sound like Charlotte can't die but he took so much damage that I don't know if he will be re-joining the fight anytime soon.

SCORE: 9/10

At the end of this chapter it looks like Mayuri has personally stepped in to the battlefield but it sounds like he may try to take out Toshiro in a similar matter he did Szayelaporro, so while that will be interesting to see I hope he does more this time round. Also I want to see more of the Arrancar but maybe they can focus their effort in taking out Giselle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment