Monday 22 February 2016

Bleach Review: God Of Thunder 4

"Finally time for my Vollstandig"
In her new form Yoruichi starts to over power Askin and his Deathdealing power however the tables are turned once again when Askin unleashes his Vollstanding.

I forgot to mention in my last review but Yoruichi's new form looks pretty damn cool and I'm glad we get to see it in action straight away. It's name is Shunko: Raiju Senkei: Shunryu Kokubyo Senkei, which means Flash war Cry: Thunder Beast Battle Form: Flash Black Cat Warrior Princess. A really cool name (and quite the mouthful) and I like that most of it looks like it's made out of lightning plus there is the reveal that not only does Yoruichi look like a cat she acts like one too. This might explain why she didn't want to go into this form in the first place but it also might reinforce the fact that this form was somehow made by Urahara. It seems like Yoruichi only like Urahara in this form when we see some really funny shots of her licking him a and cuddling up against him at the end. Back to the fight we get some awesome shots of Yoruichi overpowering Askin and this is explained with Urahara saying that because Yoruichi's mood is constantly changing so is her Reiatsu and Askin's immunity cannot keep up. Honestly I just don't like this explanation because just like with the other Elite Sternritter the perfect way to counter there abilities is not through actual fighting or the Soul Reaper's talents but by secret abilities that have never even made been mentioned until now. Just look at the Pernida and Lille fights; they where defeated by the perfect counter measure to their powers by something that we never saw in Bleach before. I just wish that Kubo ended these fights through the hard work of the Soul Reapers and not by a new ability he just thought of on the spot.

It would be great to have her as my pet cat :)
However what I love about this chapter is that we get the reveal of Askin's Vollstandig: Hassein, which means God's Poison Taster (I very appropriate name). I like this form because first off it's not some massive change of form like Lille's was, instead it's like some of the earlier ones where it's is mostly just the wings and some minor form changes. But Askin's does look different because it has more of a futuristic look like the DNA helixes wings or the visor he wears. So far the only power we see is a massive Gift Ball that affects Urahara straight away but like Lille's I'm expecting a lot more from it. I also hope that we finally get to see Urahara go Bankai because that is one the fans have been wanting for ages now. However my biggest gripe with this chapter is that it is following the typical Bleach formula because I think we all expected Askin to survive and reveal a new form because we have seen it before in fights.

WTF!
Overall I am still looking forward to the rest of this fight and I hope Urahara gets more involved in the rest of it now.

SCORE: 7/10

Highlights: Yoruichi's new form
                   Funny Urahara and Yoruichi moments
                   Askin's Vollstandig     

Let - Downs: The counter to Askin's immunity is so convenient
                       The flow of the chapter is following the predicable Bleach formula

No comments:

Post a Comment