Wednesday 5 February 2014

Film Trailer Review: Transformers Age of Extinction




My first review of a film trailer and I have decided to review a recent trailer; Transformers Age of Extinction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pmvkR3NbGM

Now let me first start off by saying, even though I might get a bit of hate from it, that I really life the Transformers film series despite some of its flaws. Does Michael Bay seem to care more about special effects and explosions; yes, does it seem to focus a bit too much on humans than the transformers; yes and does every film has a very useless female lead; definitely yes.

However despite all of that I have found enjoyment in the film, being a fan of the original animated series I do like seeing some of my old favourites in a modern film (even though they barely look like their counterparts).

Also since I have attached the link to the trailer on this post I am not going to go over what happens in it, I am just going to pick out two highlights.

To start off it looks like Megatron is back in this film, he is one of my favourite transformers and I really don't want him to be Galvatron just yet. Also it looks like he can finally, and I mean finally, transform in to a gun. Sure it is just his head but it is close  and I was annoyed that in the previous films he transformed in to trucks and jets. In the original animated film I really liked that he transformed in to a really small but incredibly power pistol for his Decepticons to use (mostly Starscream). The reason for this is because I found it funny that the leader of the good guys transforms in to a really big truck while his evil counterpart is a gun, it was not even anything close to it or an opposite.

Better late than never they are finally featuring the Dinobots in the film and I say that it is about time. We only see Grimlock but he was my favourite Dinobot and he looks great in this. We only see his dinosaur mode in this and I guess that is enough for now, I know the Dinobots relied more on their animal modes put I do hope they have humanoid forms as well like everyone else. Also we get to see Optimus riding on his back carry a badass sword which was one of the best part of the trailer.

Transformers-Age-of-Extinction-Grimlock

Now I know that they have humans in this but I really don't want to talk about them right now (maybe when a full trailer comes out I will) because I just think I am not going to be that interested in their stories.

Overall it may have been a quick glimpse of the film but it looks like this good be the best one yet and I am looking forward to the release of another trailer so I can see more transformers.




References:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/transformers-age-extinction-super-bowl-trailer-rolls-dinobots/
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Age_of_Extinction_(film)

No comments:

Post a Comment